How Automation Assessment works
We use a six-part framework to evaluate and identify specific recommendations for your automations, improve quality, reusability and future maintainability:
- Solution design and architecture
- Resilience and ability of the codes to handle errors
- Reusability of code
- Maintainability of what was built for high uptime
- Security of information
- Data and queue management
During the delivery of findings, we mentor individual developers and review opportunities with the organization’s leadership for policy changes.
How we deliver assessments
We deliver project-based automation assessments for either individual or group of automation. These services are also available through our Backstop Services for organizations looking to pursue developer mentoring. This work is most often performed remotely.
When to undertake an assessment
Well-built, high-performing automations are extremely valuable. They are the goal of any competent Center of Excellence (COE) leader. Clients of all sizes and industries utilize our automation assessment services:
- Help Me Scale or any other client confirming the adoption of leading design and configuration practices among their developers and seeking to provide expert mentors to individual developers.
- Become Self-sufficient clients confirm that the partners they started with have delivered promised leading practices in design and configuration.
- Any client experiencing consistent or inexplicable intermittent failure of their production automations. In this case, we also perform infrastructure services to review the current setup.