Backstop means to stand behind something or someone as support or reinforcement or to prevent backwards motion. Some examples include: a net in a football/soccer goal, a net behind archery targets, fencing behind a batter or a chock on a wheel. Supposedly the first use was in cricket. Whatever the source, backstops are a precaution to prevent undesired or unintended happenings.
Your circumstances shift over time as you adopt and scale intelligent robotic process automation (RPA/IPA). As such, you need a quick go-to access to and answers from the true subject matter expert practitioners.
As we believe that RPA/IPA program momentum should never be lost due to unanswered question or expertise shortage, we created our Backstop services offering. It’s a simple concept — Backstop provides whatever you need whenever you need it.
What’s included in Backstop
Backstop clients enjoy on-demand access to any and all of WonderBotz’s to address any need related to anything that we do. Some client examples:
- Strategic advice and sounding board covering ROM evolution, pipeline/backlog management, license utilization and more
- Design and configuration authority for adherence to leading practices and mentoring of your developer team
- Debugging support when your developer team gets stuck
- Escalating tickets to your software platform providers
- Infrastructure services to diagnose problems and advice on upgrades
- Urgent tactical development
- and more…
Our award-winning experts on demand will support any need related to anything that we do. No other firm walks their talk as we do.
How it is delivered
Backstop is a minimum 6-month or more commitment for hours, typically a quarter of an FTE. Most clients renew year-after-year.
Our approach encourages and drives interactions for best value to our clients. Backstops are generally performed remotely but we will come on-site as needed for executive or steering committee meetings. If your need becomes too big for the Backstop approach, we work with our clients to shift the work into an advisory project.
When Backstop makes most sense
Our clients of all sizes and industries enjoy our backstop as it’s designed to grow and shift with their changing needs:
- New to RPA and Become Self-Sufficient clients use Backstop get and keep them on the right track and buffer their confidence as they build mastery across all areas of the emerging RPA/IPA capability
- Help me scale clients use Backstop to maintain automation design and configuration quality as well as to evaluate automation candidates for maximum value using Robot-way.
- Rescue me clients use Backstop to triage and remediate challenges, whether automation stability, ROM adjustments or whatever it takes to clear the roadblock