This Fraternal Life and Annuities Insurer is among the largest in North America, with millions of members and over $100 billion of life insurance in force. It provides permanent life, term life, long-term care and disability income insurance and retirement annuities, while supporting many charitable causes financially and through its members’ volunteer hours.
- 130,000 annual service cases
- Post-issue certificates
- Underwriting requirements
- Ingenium policy admin system
- Life 70 policy admin system
- AWD case management system
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Insurer sought to automate high-volume tasks, including post-issue certificate servicing requests and underwriting requirements receipts. Processing these requests required back office operations team to:
- Utilize their case management systems to retrieve assigned requests,
- Review and confirm client policy information, and
- Manually update existing client records.
Automation established a high-volume processing framework to perform initial in-scope service transactions and that was also extensible to rapidly add more service transactions as needed in the future. Solution connects to and monitors the Insurer’s AWD case management system for service requests, applies business rules for handling instructions and makes required adjustments to policies and contracts in the respective admin platforms, including confirming success and closing the case.